Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My mum is not the world greatest mum but she is no ordinary mum


Somehow, I like the sound of the title. Haha. Mother's Day is coming soon and it falls on 9 th May 2010 this year. I will be going one week before that due to I want to spend longer time with my beloved mummy. If you really love your mum, Mother's day is just any other day. You dun need to go celebrate it on that day so I will celebrate with my family this coming weekend. For this special lady, she seriously is not an ordinary mum because to me, she is very special on her own way of raising her own children.Eventhough my younger sis is spoilt, but my mum was very strict to me and my elder sis. There was once a close relative ask me " is your mum very strict to you and your sis?Your grandma was extremely strict with your mum last time".I replied " Nah, my mum loves both of us a lot, so not so strict with me and my sis". The truth is my mum is those "ganas" type of mum that will "rotan" her children till you feel embaressed to go to school with those rotan marks on your hands and legs. Scary,right?Nowadays, this kind of agreesive act will be classify as "child abuse". That was what came to my mind and my elder sis mind too when we were small. Haha...As you grew older, you will realise that it is all for your own good..thats what I think. I wasnt an ordinary child or those goody goody type when I was young. In fact, I was very naughty and rebellious type. Each time I did something wrong, I ended up kena rotan till my hands and legs full of those rotan marks. Sometimes,my mum even left me in the dark and dont allow me to go back to my room. I do hated my mum for doing that but I was scared.In order to go back to my room to sleep, I need to say "sorry" and I really mean it when I say that. My mum will definitely forgive me and comfort me back. Each time also the same thing happen.As days passed, I really learn my lesson. Who dont have flaws? I remember once, I refuse to study, my mum "rotan" me again at night and force me to study. How I have hated her for that but if I havent do what she ask me for, can I have such good grades? I wasnt those smart student so I ended up in second class when I was in standard 5. My result was getting worse and my mum find all ways to improve my studies till the extent I went for personal tuition.My result shoot up till I got sixth in the class. Even the class teacher was amazed. Thank you, mum. I was pretty naughty when I am in Form 4. Mum so angry at one time, she even cut my hair. I cried and I cried as the haircut was horrible.Imagine, you are crying and your mum forcing you to cut your hair...her scissors just simply cut your hair. It was disaster. But I learn the lesson the hard way and I told myself, this is my last chance to improve my result for my spm examination and although I score one A less than my elder sis but my mum was very proud with me. Thank you, mum! You were always there when I need you. As I grow older, I realise you are the most important person in my life. Thanks for all your advice, thanks for the "rotan" session when I was young, thank you for backing me up for buying my own car, thanks for understanding when I face failure in my career..thanks for everything you have done for me, I know I cant repay everything you gave to me but I tried to do my part asa daughter as best as I could. Thank you, mum!

No comments: