Thursday, May 05, 2016

Penang trip(30 April till 2 May 2016)

Just back from Penang during the labour day hols. Finally went to St Anne church. Did my prayer to the god and we went straight to Island after lunch at BM. Went to Georgetown and with the help of Waze, we manage to find our hotel without any difficulty. Satisfied with the room and off we went to grab some snacks from the hawker stalls few shop away. It was very convenient, the only catch is the parking space very limited. Was tired so we nap about one hour inside the room.At 6 oclock, we started our journey to Kimberly Street. Why not going to Gurney Drive? We have been there many times thus we thought we want to have a change and hangout at the town. Food was not as much as Gurney but we tried all the recommended food there. Emperor chicken feet, the gingko soup with "yau cha kuai". After a satifying dinner, we went to Prangin Mall to do some light shopping. Nothing much, just bought some shoes there. As we were tired as travel all the way from KL, we went to bed quite early at 1130pm. The next day, it was time to go for Air Itam laksa. Kek Lok Si. This is a must visit place in Penang. Up we went, with the normal routine, grab some vege for the tortoise there and off up we went to do our prayers. My Muar Chi stall is at its usual spot,thus we grab two boxes of it from the uncle. It was labour day and sale must be everywhere. It was such a hot weather thus we decided to go to Queensbay Mall. Spending few hours there with joining the crowd at Padini,we went to Armenian street to enjoy the murals and photograph session.This time, I manage to get myself a bicycle to ride.Bought some handmade souveniers and  off we went to Macalister road to try the hawker food there. I saw an uncle selling durians and was very tempted but manage to control myself. I think this year, I need to have self control against this giant king of fruits.We order oysters and enjoy ourselves with our sweat running all over our face. Decided to go 1 st avenue to enjoy the cold air cond environment there. The next morning, we went to this super old shop Kedai Kopi Kong Thai Lai. The nasi lemak is cheap and taste fantastic. You know what is most popular at Penang? Yes, the cendol. We went to Penang road and q up for the cendol. My mum hate that environment as the weather was super hot. Just like a small kid, she throw tantrums and shouting and yelling at me when I told her I am going to Gurney Plaza to meet up with a fren. She was pestering me to go back to Ipoh also. I love my mum but sometimes her tantrums is not easy to handle. This is where my younger sis crazy genes who like to menggila comes from. I told myself to be patient and I cancel my meetup with fren. I notice it is not easy to go hols with my mum and younger sis , no wonder my elder sis never bring my mum/younger sis to hols anymore. She just go with her family.So far, no plans to go anywhere this year. Been saving money very hard. Liabilities too much and causing I cant afford a new car. My Korea trip need to be postphoned to next year again.
                                                    St Anne church at Bukit Mertajam

                                                    The half boiled egg from Kong Thai Lai


                                             Char Keuy Teow near Eton hotel (rm9.50) one plate
                                                 My purple bicycle at Armenian Street

No comments: