Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What is happiness to you?

Something came up my mind this morning. How do you define happiness? What actually satisfies you? I believe Happiness is something all of us will be after. I was even approached by one of my junior on a project called "Happy Life". So, what is happiness to you? Is happiness the day you walk on the aisle where you made your wedding vows in front of your family and frens? Do you think those fairy tale in Disney movies with the ending "happily ever after" is true? I used to think that was called happiness when I was a kid. When I was a kid,life has been great and I can say it was the happiest phase in my life as I dont have worries, everyday it is about playing with other kids,I do not know what is having money or how to make more money, the problems in life.It was great till you can always see a chubby girl smilling always in almost every pic my parents took of me. However , as I grew up, when I look at my own pics, I have changed from a cute ,cheerful girl into someone who seldom smiles. The smiles has been probably reduced 80% compare to when I was a kid.The reality sucks.I have always wanted to go back time but it is impossible right? Like the saying "time is gold, once passed, you can never get it back".The day I lost my beloved daddy is one of the saddest day in my life.I knew someday he will leave me, but not that soon not in such a way without saying goodbye. Only god knows how much pain I went through that night. In the midst of darkness, is it possible to find happiness? I feel almost impossible. There is no smile. I sort of collapsed , losing the battle with happiness. But it is not the end, if we think that happiness is gone, thats where we land ourself into the land of depression. Time passed, and I found my happiness back but it is never the same happiness I experience when I was a kid. To me, happiness is when you spend time with your loved one by going to hols, happiness when I achieved my KPI and when I bought another property with my own hard earned money. Thats the happiness I define for myself. Although I dont have the luck/good fate on having a child,I am sure a child is also consider a happiness for every parents but I feel blessed to find my "the one". We might want a lot of things in life but if it is not fated,we also cant do anything.I feel I can find other happiness to compensate those things we cant have. Life is indeed a roller coaster , with ups and down.

No comments: